Article ID: 710
How Do I Add the osCommerce Shopping Cart to My Web Hosting Plan?
The osCommerce shopping cart is not automatically enabled with your web hosting plan. You must configure your website for SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before adding the shopping cart. If you have not already done so, click here to configure SSL.
Follow these steps to add the osCommerce shopping cart:
- Login to the My Account section and click on the "Add Services" button.
- Check the box next to "osCommerce Shopping Cart" to add this feature to your account. Complete the signup process and continue to Step 3.
- In your Web browser, type in your domain at this address http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/install/
Choose "Install a new online store."
- Click "Continue" for the screen shown below. Please do not change the default options.
- Enter your "Username", "Password" and "Database Name" (your database name will be the one used to set up your MySQL database) for the screen shown below. Please do not change the default options for "Database Server", "Persistent Connections" and "Session Storage."
- If your database connection fails, you will receive an error screen like this one. Please re-enter the correct information.
- If your database connection is successful, you will see a success screen appear. Click Continue.
- After a few minutes, you will see a screen like the one show below. Click Continue.
- Check "Enable SSL Connections" on this screen, which may appear differently from what is shown below. Please do not change the other default options.
- This screen, shown below, is the configuration for SSL. Please take the following actions:
Under "Secure WWW Address", enter the URL (website address) for your website, followed by /catalog/:
Under "Secure Cookie Domain", enter the URL for your website.
Under "Secure Cookie Path", enter the URL for your website, followed by /catalog/
- The next screen is simply a confirmation of your database settings. Please double check your settings and click "Continue"
- Below is a successful configuration screen.
Click on "Administration Tool" to continue. When prompted for a username and password, enter "administrator" for the username and the password that you specified when you added OSCommerce "Add Services" area.
- Next is the Administration Menu, shown below. Click on "Tools" in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Once the "Tools" menu appears, which is shown below, click on "Fix Installation Warnings" on the left hand side of the screen. This will take a minute. Your shopping cart should now be fully functional!
- To access your osCommerce shopping cart after the initial set-up, use the following address: