Mac: Setup Mac Mail
Article ID: 419
Mac Mail Setup:
- Open up Mac Mail.
- Select Mail from the menu at the top and choose Preferences.
- Press the + button in the lower left.
- For Account Type, Select POP. For Account Description this can be anything from your e-mail address to your name, Its just a label for future reference. For the Full Name field this should be what you would like people to see when you e-mail them. I.E., Your name, Company name, Nick name, etc. For E-mail address field this needs to be your full e-mail address. Press Continue.
- Your Incoming mail server: needs to be mail.iinet.com the Username: needs to be your full e-mail address. For the Password: Field type in your full password, if you do not know this you can contact our technical support for assistance with this. Our contact information is located > HERE < Then press Continue.
- Your Outgoing mail server: needs to be smtp.iinet.com Check the box that says Use Authentication. The Username: needs to be your full e-mail address. For the Password: Field type in your full password. Then press Continue.
- Press Continue.
- Press Done.
- Press the Tab towards the top that says Advanced. Change the drop down box from After one week to Right away. Your windows should look like the picture below.
- Now press the Red button in the upper left. If you are prompted to save press Yes. You are now setup, enjoy your e-mail account. If you have any other issues you can find additional support articles at http://support.iinet.com/