Westel 6100F - PPPoE
1. Start by making sure your computer is setup to automatically obtain a IP from the modem. If you are unsure how to do this, we have directions >HERE<.
2. Preform a hard reset on the modem. Hold the reset button in till the power light turns an amber color. Once it turns amber, release the reset button and wait approximately 1 minute for the power light to return to solid green. If it does not, unplug the modem from the power supply for about 1 minute and plug the modem back in.
3. Open up a web browser such as, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. (The web browser will be used to adjust the settings of the modem while not online.)
4. Once the browser is open type the address 192.168.1.1 in the address field at the top of the browser. Then press enter.
*NOTE* If your modem pages do not look like this, you may have a older version. The directions are located >HERE<.
5. Start by clicking the My Network button on the top right. If it prompts you to enter a password to continue, enter admin for the username and password for the password.
6. After you get logged in, it may prompt you to enter a new username and password. You need to create a unique username and password and write these down as you may be prompted for this information later in the setup. *note* the username cannot be admin.
7. Click on the text that says Network Connections on the left side.
8. Click on the text that says Broadband Connection (DSL).
9. At the bottom click the text that says Advanced>>.
10. Click the button under the Edit section (See Image)
11. Make the information on this screen match the following:
VC Status: Checked
VCI: For Qwest make this 32 ; For Verizon make this 35
Leave all other settings default
Click the Apply button at the bottom
12. On the next page for section #2 enter your username and password provided on your welcome letter and press Apply
13. If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to contact us anytime by e-mail at email@example.com - Livechat by clicking on the button on the right - or by phone at 1-800-689-4303.
Article ID: 822